Personal Care is available for residents in Pennsylvania and designed for those who need assistance with life's daily tasks. Legend Senior Living's personal care residences in PA offer a personalized approach that tailors services to your unique needs, delivering only those you need and desire. You pay only for the services you choose.
Residents benefit from health care services delivered in a satisfying, comfortable environment that encourages individuality, independence, and social interaction. Caring associates are there 24 hours a day to assist with the activities of daily living, including:
- Bathing and dressing
- Medication management
What can I expect from a move to Personal Care?
You may be surprised by the positive impact a move to a Legend Senior Living personal care residence can have on your life. You'll feel your world grow each day as you meet new neighbors and take advantage of opportunities to learn and grow. We focus on meeting all your needs — physical, mental, emotional and spiritual — with the following:
- Gold Leaf Dining – Restaurant-style dining created with your nutrition needs in mind
- Cultural and community events
- Education programs
- Religious services
- Entertaining outings
- Scheduled transportation to appointments
- Housekeeping services
- 24-hour associates and licensed nursing associates
You'll also enjoy a private apartment where you can express your individual tastes. With one and two-bedroom floorplans, you're sure to find the perfect residence for your lifestyle. Each apartment features:
- Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
- Spacious bathroom with walk-in shower and photocell night light
- Telephone and cable connections
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning systems
- Emergency call system with speaker response and water-resistant pendants
How much does Personal Care cost?
Because our services are personalized to fit your needs, Personal Care rates can vary. Please contact us for assistance in determining monthly costs based on your unique situation.
To learn more about monthly rates in your area, find a Legend Senior Living residence, schedule an appointment and visit the residence. We can help you estimate costs and make an informed decision.
In addition, there are several funding solutions you may wish to consider. We encourage you to explore the options fully and would be happy to assist you with that process if needed.
Contact us to learn more about Personal Care options in Pennsylvania for you or your loved one.
What is a Personal Care Residence?
You aren't alone if you are wondering what a personal care residence is. Determining different types of senior living options can take time and effort. Fortunately, associates at any Legend Senior Living residence will walk you through your options and point you in the right direction.
Personal care services offer just the right amount of support or assistance with specific activities of daily living, such as grooming, dressing, bathing, or medication management. These services are offered in an active and vibrant residence with friendly and welcoming neighbors who are always there to save you a seat at the next event or meal.
Is Personal Care Right for You or Your Loved One?
You or your loved one might be a good fit for personal care if you can answer "yes" to any of the following questions:
- Has there been a fall in the past six months?
- Is the older adult lonely or isolated? Do they wish they had more friends nearby?
- Is meal planning and preparation a time and energy-consuming task?
- Has there been significant weight loss or gain over the past 12 months?
- Does the adult find their medication schedule overwhelming, unrealistic, or intimidating?
- Does the person live with chronic pain or a complex medical condition?
- Does the adult worry about what might happen if they have a fall or other emergency alone at home?
- Are home care services no longer providing the person with the assistance they need? Is home care simply too expensive?
At Legend Senior Living, our personal care services are designed to enhance independence, encourage new friendships, and give residents the support they need to live life to the fullest.
What is personal care?
Personal care is a senior living option that offers adults support and assistance with activities of daily living.
What are activities of daily living?
Activities of daily living are activities that we all do in order to manage our personal needs. Activities of daily living include dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, showering, and eating. Senior living residences asses activities of daily living in order to ensure residents are receiving the best assistance possible.
How is assisted living different from personal care in Pennsylvania?
Once terms used interchangeably, there is now a more clear distinction between assisted living and personal care services in the state of Pennsylvania. Assisted living residences offer more skilled healthcare services while personal care residences focus on providing assistance with personal care tasks.
What factors can increase personal care costs?
Costs vary from residence to residence and can even fluctuate by region of the state. In addition to location, costs can increase or decrease based on services provided, type of floor plan, and amenities available.
Does Medicare cover personal care?
No. Medicare does not cover personal care services. You might be eligible to offset costs with Veterans Aid & Attendance if you or your spouse meet those qualifications.
Are visitors allowed in personal care residences?
Yes! Family members and other visitors are allowed to visit residents in personal care residence.