Legend Senior Living® is dedicated to providing the highest standards of quality of service, environment and care to residents and their families while providing value and accountability to all our stakeholders. We work to serve the needs of the whole person: physical, mental, and spiritual. We are committed to providing a positive reinforcing work environment that recognizes the value of all staff and fosters individual growth and improvement.
We recognize that our success depends on our ability to live out our mission and keep our commitments.
Legend Senior Living applies fundamental values and principles to daily decisions and long-term strategy. Our Core Values form the foundation of our company character and culture. They establish the foundation and basis for our Philosophy of Care and guide team members in executing our Pillars of Practice, knowing that the quality of our work is measured in quality of services as well as the sense of well-being we provide.
These Core Values are the foundation for individual decisions made by team members:
- Stewardship - manage money and resources with wisdom and integrity.
- Servanthood - deference to my own needs and wants in order to meet the needs of others.
- Caring - A commitment from the heart demonstrated through empathizing with and extending personal interest in the personal, individual needs, weaknesses, and feelings of those we serve.
- Attitude - The positive manner and perspective used in approaching issues and decisions and situations. Demonstrating a positive attitude and approach in the workplace and particularly when addressing residents, families, and co-workers.
- Teamwork - Deferring my personal wants to work as a team gives us the opportunity to utilize all the talents as a group and to realize the uniqueness of each one.
- Creativity - A conscious effort and willingness to see things differently, to break out of habits and outdated thought to find new ways of thinking, doing, and being. Recognizing that improvement requires my flexibility and involves change from time to time.
- Integrity - Working hard, keeping promises, sharing success. Above all, honesty. Showing respect, fairness, and consideration of others. Following the respective authoritative governing rule. Integrity does what is honest and right according to other shared values even when it is not convenient, easy, or even visible.
- Individual development - Taking the initiative to improve oneself by broadening one's knowledge and skills in order to bring the best possible to Legend™. This often involves changing the way I do things in order to benefit through the sharing and implementation of best practices.
- Accountability - The willingness to acknowledge responsibility to others, and the willingness to fully accept responsibility for one's actions and the implication that may result.
- Productivity - Maximizing my personal output without increased resources or compromising quality. A willingness to pursue new and more efficient methods of doing my work and helping the team. A willingness to be monitored and measured according to my peers.
Philosophy of Care
We believe in the inherent worth of people and strive to honor this through the delivery of quality care and environment.
At the foundation of our approach to service are fundamental concepts we believe are important to every senior and critical in our approach to creating proper environments and service delivery systems.
- Quality - Provide quality health care services. Always seek "best practices."
- Dignity - Offer each resident dignity and respect.
- Individuality - Promote the individuality of each resident.
- Independence - Foster and support independence for each resident.
- Choice - Offer individual choices in care and lifestyle.
- Privacy - Support each resident's right to privacy.
- Family - Support the needs of family, involving family in care decisions.
- Environment - Providing a supportive residential environment.
Pillars of Practice
Built upon our foundational Core Values and Philosophy of Care are our Pillars of Practice. Adherence to these principles of conduct is essential to fulfilling our commitment to each resident and co-worker. Each team member commits to check themselves daily against these principles.
- Exercise good character, honesty, and positive attitude.
- Be cheerful and dress in proper assigned attire.
- Know the residents' physical, mental, and spiritual needs, and learn personal facts about them.
- Serve the resident with eagerness, sincerity, and caring.
- Take ownership of any customer problem and follow through to resolution.
- Conduct my duties and responsibilities with quality and energy, paying attention to detail in all tasks.
- Honor residents' trust, treating each person individually with respect, personal interest, and appreciation.
- Never share personal problems or negative issues about anything - personal or work - with a resident.
- Take responsibility for my individual performance and be supportive of my fellow associates in their duties.
- Be a good steward of resources and conserve expenses.
- Greet everyone with a smile and sincere verbal greeting.
- Be creative, open to ideas, and learn from mistakes.
- The principles contained in these Pillars of Practice form the framework for the approach to the tasks and services provided at Legend.
Team Members are encouraged to support each other in carrying out these principles. The success of our mission success depends on each team member personally committing to these principles.