Legend Senior Living is founded on values of Servanthood, Caring, and Character. Our operating strategies, management methods, values and principles are guided by ethical standards of integrity and honesty supported by our faith. Legend believes our mission is more than the physical person, but the whole person, physical, mental and spiritual.
Legend Senior Living is dedicated to providing the highest standards of quality of service, environment, and care, to residents and their families while providing value and accountability to all our stakeholders. We work to serve the needs of the whole person physical, mental, and spiritual. We are committed to providing a positive reinforcing work environment that recognizes the value of all staff and fosters individual growth and improvement.
We recognize that our success depends on our ability to live our mission and keep our commitments.
Legend Senior Living is guided by the Legendary Core Values that form the foundation of our company character and culture. They establish the foundation and basis for Legend's Philosophy of Care and guide team members in executing our Pillars of Practice. The quality of our work is measured in quality of services as well as the sense of well being.
Legendary Core Values
Legend Senior Living applies fundamental values and principles to daily decisions and long term strategy. We believe adherence to these values will foster strong character and admirable conduct among all team members.
"Each of us has values and practices we live our life by. These values and practices guide our decisions, choices, behavior, and together these values form our character. We have accumulated these values from a variety of sources and experiences; family, friends, reading, church, faith. workplace, etc. Just as people have values, and practices, companies have values as well. A company can be viewed as living, growing organism. The values and standards of practice a company lives by determines it's character, it's quality of service, it's very ability to make a difference."
-Tim Buchanan CEO
These Legendary Core Values form the foundation of our company culture and heart. They establish the foundation and basis for our Philosophy of Care and guide us in executing the Pillars of Practice. These Core Values are the foundation for individual decisions made by you as a team member.
Legendary Core Values
- Stewardship - manage money and resources with wisdom and integrity
- Servanthood - deference to my own needs and wants in order to meet the needs of others
- Caring - A commitment from the heart demonstrated through to empathizing with and extending personal interest in the personal, individual needs, weaknesses, and feelings of those persons we serve.
- Attitude - The positive manner and perspective used in approaching issues and decisions and situations. Demonstrating a positive attitude and approach in the workplace and particularly when addressing residents, families, co workers
- Teamwork - Deferring my personal wants to work as a team gives us the opportunity to utilize all the talents as a group and to realize the uniqueness of each one
- Creativity - A conscious effort and willingness to see things differently, to break out of habits and outdated thought to find new ways of thinking, doing, and being. Recognizing that improvement requires my flexibility and involves change from time to time.
- Integrity - Working hard, keeping promises, sharing success. Above all, honesty. Showing respect, fairness, and consideration of others. Following the respective authoritative governing rule. Integrity does what is honest, and right according to other shared values even when it is not convenient, easy, or even visible.
- Individual development - Taking the initiative to improve oneself by broadening ones knowledge and skills in order to bring the best possible to Legend. This often involves changing the way I do things in order to benefit through the sharing and implementation of best practices.
- Accountability - The willingness to acknowledge responsibility to others, and the willingness to fully accept responsibility for one's actions and the implication that may result.
- Productivity - Maximizing my personal output without increased resources or compromising quality. A willingness to pursue new more efficient methods of doing my work and helping the team. A willingness to be monitored and measured according to my peers.
Legendary Philosophy of Care
We believe in the inherent worth of people and strive to honor this through the delivery of quality care and environment.
At the foundation of our approach to service are fundamental concepts we believe important to every senior and critical in our approach to creating proper environments and service delivery systems.
- Quality - Provide quality health care services. Always seek "best Practices".
- Dignity - Offer each resident dignity and respect
- Individuality - Promote the individuality of each resident
- Independence - Foster and support independence for each resident
- Choice - Offer individual choices in care and lifestyle
- Privacy - Support each resident's right to privacy
- Family - Support the needs of family, involving family in care decisions
- Environment - Providing a supportive residential environment
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."
- George Washington Carver
Legendary Pillars of Practice
Built upon our foundational Legend Core Values and Legend Philosophy of Care are the Legend Pillars of Practice. Adherence to these principles of conduct is essential to fulfilling our commitment to each customer and co worker. Each team member commits to check themselves daily against these principles.
Legend Pillars of Practice.
- Exercise good character, honesty, and positive attitude
- Be cheerful, and dress in proper assigned attire.
- Know the Residents physical, mental, and spiritual needs, and learn personal facts about them.
- Serve the customer with eagerness, sincerity and caring.
- Take ownership of any customer problem and follow through to resolution.
- Conduct my duties and responsibilities with quality and energy, paying attention to detail in all tasks
- Honor our customer's trust, treating each person individually with respect-personal interest-and appreciation.
- Never share personal problems or negative issues about anything, personal or work, with a customer.
- Take responsibility for my individual performance and be supportive of my fellow associates in their duties.
- Be a good steward of resources & conserving expenses.
- Greet everyone with a smile & sincere verbal greeting.
- Be creative and open to ideas & learn from mistakes.
The principles contained in these Pillars of Practice form the framework for your approach to the tasks and services you will provide while at Legend. As you consider your daily tasks, think about them in the context of fulfilling the overall mission for the one you are serving.
"How can I do this housekeeping task and offer individuality to the resident through what I do, how I treat treasure items, how I verbally express interest in their life, family."
Team Members are encouraged to support each other in carrying out these principles. Our mission success depends on each team member personally committing to these principles.